Maintaining Your Driving Independence Together
If these warning signs reflect your situation, maybe it is time to make some changes to your driving strategies or have your driving evaluated.
Warning Signs of Unsafe Driving
- You have difficulty turning the steering wheel, applying the brake or gas pedal.
- You do not notice people or other vehicles on one side.
- You feel frustrated, angry or confused while driving.
- You have difficulty staying on your side of the lane or drift across lane markings into other lanes.
- You find it difficult to think clearly about the traffic around you.
- You get lost in familiar areas.
- You have had several close calls or minor accidents.
- Courtesy of the National Blueprint for Injury Prevention in Older Drivers, CAOT.